Personal Data We Collect:
We collect Personal Data from you when you interact through the Site, as further described below. Personal Data includes:
- Identifiers, such as your name and email address should you sign-up through various forms available on our site;
- Demographic information about you;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address and unique IDs that monitor whether you clicked on our ads or have visited our site before;
- If you are a job applicant, your name, address, phone number, email address and professional information, such as your employer, employment history and education information such as your alma mater.
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Site:
In addition, from time to time, we may use or augment the Personal Data we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically:
The Company’s Use of Your Personal Data:
The Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Related Companies”) may also use your Personal Data collected through the Site to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, and to better understand the Site’s users and to improve the Site. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Company and the Related Companies may use this information for retargeting or remarketing purposes including contacting you in the future to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you.
Aggregated and/or De-Identified Data:
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site, the Company may conduct research on its customers’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data provided to us. The Company reserves the right to aggregate and/or de-identify Personal Data it collects to create information that does not identify any individual, and use that information for the above-listed purposes and other business purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data:
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:
The Company, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
The Company may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Aggregated and/or De-Identified Information:
The Company reserves the right to share aggregated and/or de-identified data with third parties for any purpose.
Links to Other Web Sites:
Storage of Personal Data:
The Company may store Personal Data itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Related Companies, agents, or service providers. The Company may store Personal Data for different periods of time depending on the category of information.
Some information might be deleted automatically based on specific schedules, such as marketing information. Other Personal Data might be retained for a longer period of time based on the contract individuals have with the Company. We might also retain information for business practices based on our legitimate interest or legal purposes, such as network improvement, fraud prevention, record-keeping, or enforcing the Company’s legal rights.
The Company takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data collected via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Company via the Internet or through the Site.
Other Terms and Conditions:
Users in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom:
Under the GDPR, the Company and/or the Related Companies rely on one or more of the following legal bases for processing your Personal Data.
Where the Company needs to perform the contract or services agreement it is about to enter into or have entered into with you, including for the following purposes:
- Registering you as a new user of the Site and providing services to you; and
- Sending you information about changes to its policies, terms of service and other relevant documentation relating to Company and the Site.
Where it is necessary for the Company’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and where consistent with applicable laws:
- Arranging insurance; operating and planning its business; managing its intellectual property, equipment and facilities; and investigating any complaints received from you or from others;
- Providing you with access to content and features in the Site; and
- Protecting the Company’s, your, and others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; and answer your data protection requests.
Where the Company needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation:
- Administering and protecting its business, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system, maintenance and support, reporting and hosting data;
- Regulatory record-keeping and reporting obligations, including those relating to complaints and product safety; and
- In response to requests from government law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Where you have given your consent:
- Delivering relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measuring and understanding the effectiveness of the advertising the Company and its partners serve to you;
- Using cookies and data analytics to improve the Site and its products and services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; and
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
Where you have given your consent you are able to revoke it at any time. For consent relating to cookies, you can do this by changing the cookie settings in the Privacy Preference Center settings and via a request on this webform.
Under the GDPR, you may have specific rights, including the rights to:
- Ask us for a copy of your Personal Data;
- Request that we rectify Personal Data you think is inaccurate or complete information you think is incomplete;
- Request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances; and
- Request that we transfer the Personal Data you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
The Company is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, your Personal Data will be processed by the Company in the U.S. The Company may contract with service providers to process your Personal Data on Company’s behalf, and these service providers may also be located outside of the EEA and UK. Data protection laws in the U.S. or other countries may not offer you the same protections as the laws of the country in which you are residing when your Personal Data is collected. To the extent required, the Company will ensure that such transfer and processing of your Personal Data is conducted in accordance with the GDPR.
If you are in the EEA and have a request or question about the Company’s privacy practices, you can also contact its EEA Data Protection Representative:
Attn: Guidehouse Life Sciences GRC
Address: Guidehouse Germany GmbH, Albrechtstrasse 10c, 10117 Berlin, Germany
If you are in the UK and have a request or question about the Company’s privacy practices, you can also contact its UK Data Protection Representative:
Attn: Guidehouse Life Sciences GRC
Address: Guidehouse Europe Limited, 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ, United Kingdom
If you have any concerns about our use of your Personal Data, you can make a complaint at the same addresses. If you are in the UK, you can also complain to the Data Protection Authority of the UK (the ICO), using this webform if you are unhappy with how the Company has used your Personal Data. If you are in the EEA, you can complain to the National Data Protection Authority of the place where you live, work or where you consider that a violation of the GDPR took place. More information can be found on this website.
Access to Information; Contacting Company:
You may contact us as follows:
EQRx International, Inc.
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Attn: EQRx webmaster
privacy@EQRx.com with subject line: eqrx.com Personal Data Request