We believe it’s possible to have a profound impact on bending the cost curve in healthcare by building a pipeline of innovative medicines and bringing them to market at dramatically lower prices.Robert Forrester CXO
Vice President, Corporate Strategy
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
The Vice President of Corporate Strategy will be an inspirational force driving forward and realizing EQRx’s mission to deliver quality medicines to patients at a fraction of the cost. You will lead the creation and implementation of EQRx’s corporate strategy, including establishing and executing our strategic planning processes; creating, aligning, and tracking our objectives and goals; delivering our therapeutic landscape analysis and pipeline prioritization; and driving asset and pipeline research and valuation. You will provide leadership to and partner with teams responsible for 1) corporate strategy and strategic initiatives, 2) therapeutic landscape analysis and pipeline prioritization and 3) asset and pipeline research and valuation. You will devise and implement a bespoke annual strategic planning methodology that delivers on the corporate strategic goals and lead the cross- functional development of the corporate strategic plan. You will develop “Disease Area Profiles” (DAP) to guide prioritization efforts and develop and execute market research plans specific to each molecule and therapeutic area. You will conduct in-depth product and/or indication level commercial valuations/market opportunity assessments and conduct valuation of internal corporate assets. You will partner across the company and lead cross functional teams in answering key, enterprise-wide strategic questions (e.g. disease area focus, novel payer relationship models, etc.). You will also support key strategic questions that arise on an ad hoc basis to support our Senior Leadership team.
The Impact You Will Have
This is not your standard Vice President of Corporate Strategy role. We are doing things differently here than how they are normally done, and this role is no exception. You will help build and shape the foundational portfolio of EQRx and be instrumental in driving forward the bold mission of making medicine more accessible. This is a highly critical and impactful role in our organization, and you will help guide key strategic and business decisions. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
Who You Are
- You have proven experience delivering in biotech growth.
- You have 15+ years of experience in the healthcare space (e.g. pharma/biotech, payer, provider) with experience in multiple verticals a plus.
- You have led strategy and/or a business unit at a rocket ship biotech company (high growth, high profile) and delivered results (strategies, approvals, etc.).
- You have trained at a top-tier management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Booz).
- You have a bachelor’s degree with an advanced degree a plus (MD, PhD, MBA, etc.).
- You are a force multiplier of people and teams.
- You are an experienced people leader who is organized and well prepared, providing air cover for your teams so they can work efficiently and effectively.
- You have managed multiple direct reports or teams, have managed people longitudinally (2+ years) through growth and promotions, and teams love working with you.
- You are someone who takes pride and finds fulfilment in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You are a moral leader. You lead with values of caring about people, doing the right thing, and helping patients.
- You are open minded, eager to learn, encouraging of debate and hearing all voices.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment, are comfortable in ambiguity, able to make decisions with incomplete information, and love the pace of a true startup.
- You can synthesize complex ideas and communicate them simply and compellingly across all functions of an organization.
- You are a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to build a sustainable pipeline of excellent drugs at much lower prices?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139