Sr. Director CMC, Small Molecules
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
You will develop and implement GMP manufacturing and regulatory strategies for all small molecule CMC-related activities including process chemistry, drug substance, drug product, analytical, and formulation from lead optimization phase through commercialization. You will be responsible for the delivery of robust, scalable and cost-effective manufacturing routes and drug product formulations that meet or exceed the target product profile. You will manage all external Contract Development and Manufacturing organizations and Contract Research & Development organizations in the drug supply chain and ensure that all supply partners are using systems and processes in compliance with the latest and most relevant global regulatory standards.
You will reimagine and reengineer the way drugs are manufactured by seeking out innovative technologies that will dramatically lower the cost of goods. You will execute plans for the validation and registration of API and DP as required by cGMP, ICH (International Conference of Harmonization) and FDA regulations. You will prepare CMC-related sections & documentation for global regulatory submissions and represent the company as the CMC expert with regulatory authorities. You will also prepare technical reports, publications and oral presentations.
The Impact You Will Have
As Sr. Director CMC, Small Molecules you will be responsible for EQRx’s small molecule CMC and formulation, and large-scale manufacturing of drug substance and drug product. This highly impactful role will encompass leading GMP strategies for innovative small molecule process development, manufacturing & drug supply and establishing best-in-class commercial drug manufacturing solutions. The manufacturing strategies you develop, and implement will directly contribute to EQRx’s mission of bringing affordable medicines to people. We are an early stage company, so this is a highly visible and impactful role in our organization. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
Who You Are
- You have a PhD or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent with focus on organic chemical synthesis/process chemistry.
- You have deep and solid experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology CMC/GMP environment.
- You possess demonstrated abilities and hands-on experience in small molecule CMC development, technology transfer and GMP manufacturing.
- You have a track record in devising and implementing CMC strategies from concept phases through GMP manufacturing for development candidates.
- You have significant knowledge of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes.
- You are knowledgeable with FDA, EMEA, ICH and other relevant CMC/Quality regulations and guidelines.
- You have experience with IND/CTA/NDA filings.
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Your teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and growing the careers of those who work in your organization.
- You have demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and challenge the status quo.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to think differently and embrace the journey?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Explore Open Jobs
Stay in the Loop
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139