We have a responsibility to build upon the incredible progress that has been made in understanding the biology of disease and to develop life-changing medicines that allow for sustainable, equitable access. We’ve seen success in other industry’s market-based, disruptive solutions - now is the time for healthcare.Alexis Borisy Chairman and CEO
Senior Director, Development Project Management
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
The Senior Director, Development Project Management will lead and manage the Development Project Management function and be responsible for providing multidisciplinary support to drive execution and development of internal and partnered assets. You will lead, coach, and grow a diverse team of project managers and provide project management and matrixed leadership to development project managers. You will drive progression of products through the development stage gates and lifecycle, and partner with leadership and key stakeholders to align product strategy with disease area program strategy and corporate strategy. This role will partner with Program Executives to develop and execute on product strategy, support the formation of product teams with representatives from functional areas, and guide the transition of product candidates from research into development phase.
You will develop and continuously improve clinical development management and employ standard methodologies and novel approaches to drive business outcomes and harmonize development project management. This position will participate in working groups within Corporate Development to resolve operational issues and improve department processes. You will help achieve organizational alignment and seamless execution of the integrated drug discovery plans by working cross functionally. You will support the alliance manager in the preparation for Joint Steering Committee Meetings for partnered programs and lead the team in the assembly of clinical development plans and budgets. This person will track the budget and work with department heads to ensure headcount allocations match workload for the programs. You will build team spirit and foster a positive team environment.
You will create, modify, and actively support the short- and long-term project management strategies. You will develop and drive continuous improvements; track OKRs (objectives and key results) and metrics; and implements best practices in support of the advancement of a broad portfolio of drug candidates. This role will also facilitate and coordinate group/team/portfolio meetings, ensure results-oriented meetings and positive team dynamics. You will manage team-level and corporate processes effectively, using strong process and project knowledge to drive team deliverables. You will support Financial Planning & Analysis in developing, maintaining, tracking, and managing budget and by identifying budgetary impacts of strategic and critical issues.
The Impact You Will Have
This is not your standard Development Project Management leadership role. This position is highly visible and of significant impact to the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in science or a business-related field.
- You have an advanced degree in science or business.
- You have Project Management Professional or a similar certification.
- You have significant (including program/project management) experience. Diverse experience across Research, Development and Program Management is preferred.
- You have expert knowledge of the drug development process with a proven track record in research and development project management in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, or biotechnology. Prior experience in immuno-inflammatory and oncology therapeutics preferred.
- You have proven experience leading drug development projects and activities in a global organization including leading the development of at least one development candidate with adherence to quality, excellence, and efficiency.
- You have a broad understanding of the multidisciplinary functions contributing to effective and efficient drug development.
- You possess a solid understanding of chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC), pharmacology, toxicology, pharmacokinetics (PK), clinical requirements to support major regulatory filings and the interdependencies between various disciplines (e.g., CMC, Pharmacology/Toxicology, PK, Clinical, Regulatory, Marketing, Finance) from a strategic planning, risk management, time/event/cost point.
- You can assimilate data, recognize key variables, analyze complex situations, and make quality judgements.
- You have extensive experience applying principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management and drug development.
- You have an advanced understanding of project management and associated deliverables, tools and expectations.
- You can act/think strategically and see “the big picture”, all the while being hands on.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Job Code: #LI-AL1
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to fight for enduring patient access?
- Problem Solving
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139