There is an incredible opportunity for innovation in the drug development process. We are reimagining what’s possible to build a more efficient and sustainable model.Christian Antoni, MD, PhD Chief Global Development Officer
Senior Director, Clinical Operations
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
This role will develop and execute global clinical operations strategy across all development programs and ensure clinical study conduct and integrity are maintained to highest standards and best practices. Working with the guidance and direction from our VP Clinical Operations, you will lead the execution of our modern vision of clinical operations
This person will be accountable for clinical trial budget, timelines, deliverables, and performance requirements. You will maintain an overview of the status within each program and proactively communicate progress, issues or changes that may impact timelines, cost and quality of clinical trials. You will lead strategies for patient recruitment and retention in clinical trials and provide continuous evaluation of clinical trial operations processes to identify and address strengths and weaknesses to maintain a competitive advantage. This person will participate in initiatives for process, technology, or other continuous improvement to achieve cost-reduction, time-savings, efficiency, quality and/or other business objectives.
You will maintain responsibility for functional leadership in global clinical operations, including both direct line management (hiring, training, staff assignments, coaching, mentoring, and performance management) and indirect management of global clinical operations staff. You will plan and coordinate resourcing needs and adopt new methodologies and technologies in clinical study conduct as guided by VP, Clinical Operations. You will develop and manage the clinical operations budget with a focus on cost effectiveness, efficiency, and quality. You will contribute to the design and development of clinical study protocols in compliance with project plans and collaborate with Clinical Development to optimize time, quality and cost of clinical trials across all stages of development.
This person will ensure implementation and standard use of clinical technology to streamline communication, improve decision making while ensuring operational efficiency and quality. You will drive the utilization of standards, systems, and processes across trials.
You will work collaboratively in a team environment with Medical, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Finance departments, and project teams as needed to support clinical trials. You will work with internal and external medical, scientific, and operational experts to keep abreast of industry standards.
You will have oversight of the clinical operations team to ensure that sites and vendor activities are compliant with global regulations, data integrity and compliance requirements, including but not limited to United States Code of Federal Regulations, European Union Common Technical Document (EU CTD), local country requirements and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) good clinical practice (GCP). In collaboration with Quality Assurance, you will oversee the development and deployment of Clinical Operations’ Policies, Quality Standards and Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with ICH/GCP guidelines and company policies to ensure inspection readiness by health authorities.
The Impact You Will Have
This is not your standard Clinical Operations leadership role. This position is highly visible and of significant impact to the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in science or a business-related field.
- You have an advanced degree in science or business.
- You have at least 15 years clinical study / program management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including at least 6 years of clinical operations management experience.
- You have a proven track record of leadership and project management success at the director level.
- You possess expert knowledge of global regulatory and compliance requirements for clinical research, including but not limited to US CFR, EU CTD, local country requirements and ICH GCP.
- You have had Global / International experience.
- You have previous line management or direct management of team members.
- You understand and have experience with worldwide Regulatory submissions and approval processes.
- You can identify the critical issues of problems or opportunities using appropriate information; determines the causes and possible solutions to the problem.
- You are knowledgeable in budget, finance, and resourcing processes appropriate to the pharmaceutical industry.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Job Code: #LI-AL1
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to fight for enduring patient access?
- Problem Solving
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139