Innovative solutions are cultivated by collaboration that builds upon each person’s knowledge, experiences, and creativity, and working together toward our common mission of remaking medicine.Rona Anhalt Chief People Officer
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
The Payroll Manager, reporting to the VP, Accounting and Finance Operations, will play a key role in the company’s payroll processes such as executing payroll through ADP for the company’s employees, based both within the US and internationally. You will be responsible for verifying employees’ payroll information such as correct names, direct deposits, and selected benefits, entering and ensuring employee earnings including salary wages, hours worked, and bonus payments, supporting employees with their payroll related inquiries, supporting the Accounting and Finance team for external auditors’ requests and ensuring compliance with federal/local authorities in the United States and abroad. You will additionally be responsible for preparation of monthly journal entries to reflect payroll activity in support of the month-end close process.
The Impact You Will Have
- You will be the first point of contact for the company’s employees to respond to their payroll questions. Your role will be an essential part of the day-to-day and long-term operations of the business, ensuring that we remain poised to achieve our mission of Remaking Medicine.
- You have Bachelor’s in Accounting or comparable business degree.
- You have 6+ years of payroll experience; international payroll experience required.
- You have a strong knowledge in payroll processes and ERP systems.
- You have a strong mastery of Microsoft Excel skills.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup
- You area team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to think differently and embrace the journey?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139