We have a responsibility to build upon the incredible progress that has been made in understanding the biology of disease and to develop life-changing medicines that allow for sustainable, equitable access. We’ve seen success in other industry’s market-based, disruptive solutions - now is the time for healthcare.Alexis Borisy Chairman and CEO
Medical Director / Sr. Medical Director, Clinical Development, Oncology
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for our clinical oncology programs and act as a key member of our development teams. You will have a lead role in planning, executing, and supervising clinical programs. We are defining a truly modern approach of drug development which you will be able to help implement in our studies. You will be responsible for ensuring that all our clinical studies operate to the highest ethical and safety standards and in compliance with Company, GCP and regulatory requirements.
You will provide medical input and expertise into the strategy, planning and implementation of our programs in clinical development. You will give critical input and innovate the way we perform our development programs. You will supervise and monitor all phases of clinical trials conduct by working closely with external medical monitors, investigators, and sites to ensure the successful medical oversight and consistency of conduct of trials. You will work closely with all functions of the organization and external partners to manage trial logistics and work closely with the project management representative(s) to track trial status. You will contribute clinical expertise to data review activities to ensure the integrity of clinical databases and data analyses.
You will monitor and evaluate safety signals relevant to clinical programs and write and provide editorial comments for clinical study reports and external presentations of data including manuscripts. You will travel to scientific meetings, regulatory agencies, investigators, clinical experts, and other meetings related to your responsibilities as well. You will follow developments and trends in the scientific literature and develop/maintain contacts with opinion leaders to gain strategic insights into the further development and positioning of studies within an overall program(s). You will cultivate relationships and work closely with investigators and academic experts to ensure the scientific and clinical basis of programs and projects and identify opportunities for external collaboration to optimize translational and clinical strategies. You will critically analyze data to develop clinical programs and studies, for discussions with Regulatory Agencies and to develop abstracts and manuscripts for publications. You will support the qualification of pharmacodynamics/translational biomarker studies for assessing efficacy. You will provide clinical assessments during disease/target evaluation, prioritization, and selection, identifying novel therapeutic opportunities and evaluating study design and execution challenges.
The Impact You Will Have
- You will have a key role in contributing to the strategic research and development objectives of EQRx and the way we will perform our clinical trials. In addition to being a key member and leader of our clinical teams, you will also serve as a liaison between EQRx and clinical investigators and establish and maintain relationships with opinion leaders, trial physicians, and key global regulatory agencies.
- You are an M.D. with postgraduate training, ideally board certified or eligible in oncology/hematology.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience (experience with drug development preferred).
- You have strong clinical intuition and excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have an excellent ability to review and analyze clinical data and synthesize and communicate key messages.
- You have experience working in environments with co-development or partnership arrangements with other companies.
- You have a demonstrated ability to present data clearly, concisely and with a clear purpose and ability to tailor to different audiences.
- You have experience drafting external clinical data presentations (abstracts, manuscripts, etc).
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to fight for enduring patient access?
- Problem Solving
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139