We believe it’s possible to have a profound impact on bending the cost curve in healthcare by building a pipeline of innovative medicines and bringing them to market at dramatically lower prices.Robert Forrester CXO
Manager, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
You will conduct clinical reviews of all domestic and foreign adverse event reports for all investigational products and perform timely safety review of adverse events to determine seriousness, expectedness, reporter’s causality, and overall event resolution. You will ensure consistency in the evaluation and assessment of adverse event reports and source documentation for completeness, accuracy, and legibility. You will review safety data output for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to internal and external sources. You will maintain current knowledge of all applicable drug safety guidelines and regulations and prepare safety documents for submission to regulatory authorities; to be done in conjunction with the Regulatory and other appropriate members of Clinical & Medical Departments.
You will ensure compliance with clinical protocol safety objectives, policies, processes, and procedures. You will maintain knowledge of relevant disease and therapeutic areas for marketed drugs and drugs in development. You will prepare and monitor activity against Safety Management Plan and coordinate and manage internal safety reviews. You will perform data entry and processing into safety database for single case reports (ICSR) and draft safety narratives for MedWatch and Council for International Organizations Medical Science (CIOMS), utilizing company templates, guidance, and standard queries. You will generate routine and ad-hoc safety data outputs and listings for preparation of the aggregate safety reports, such as Drug Safety Update Report (DSUR), Investigator Brochures (IBs) and Regulatory Management Plans (RMPs).
The Impact You Will Have
This is not your standard Manager, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance position. This role is highly visible and of significant impact to the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline (higher level degree preferred).
- You have a minimum of 6 years of direct experience in a drug safety/pharmacovigilance environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
- You understand the complexity of the drug development space, while acting at the highest level of integrity and competence.
- You have previous experience in oncology.
- You have knowledge of ICH guidelines and other worldwide safety regulations.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You are a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to build a sustainable pipeline of excellent drugs at much lower prices?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139