EQRx has an unprecedented opportunity to fundamentally change the approach to drug development and delivery that is purpose-built and integrates innovative scientific and technological advancements for the benefit of people and society.Melanie Nallicheri Chief Executive Officer
Director / Senior Director, Compensation
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
Who We Are:
We’re a new kind of biotech, one with a bold mission to bring innovative new medicines to patients at dramatically lower prices.
What You’ll Do:
At EQRx, the People Team is focused on attracting and developing amazing talent, helping our business scale and grow and building and nurturing a unique culture that is enabling us in our mission of #RemakingMedicine. We’re looking for a hands-on, creative, and experienced Compensation leader to drive and manage compensation design and delivery within our fast-paced and high-growth organization. In this role, you will administer a comprehensive global compensation strategy that aligns employee rewards with EQRx’s purpose and mission, ensuring that we attract, reward, and retain our people and talent. You’ll manage our annual compensation cycle (merit, bonus and equity), communications for managers and employees and reviews with senior leadership. You will work closely with the Talent Acquisition and People team to assist in the development of market-competitive compensation packages, interfacing with candidates on an as needed basis.
You will ensure that we have a robust job infrastructure framework, relevant external benchmarking and internal alignment to maintain a competitive pay position for our team during a period of strategic growth. You’ll educate and inform managers and employees regarding the value of our offerings through communications, presentations and facilitation of trainings, using innovative channels and approaches. This role will work on executive and director compensation analyses, program design and preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. You’ll stay abreast of emerging trends and proactively put forward recommendations that enable the organization to be competitive and resourceful in our total rewards investments. You will prepare analyses and information for Senior Leadership as needed and partner with Finance and other functions to ensure accurate reporting for Payroll, equity administration and other administrative processes. This position will drive and support policy design and administration in areas such as equity compensation, mobility and relocation, promotions and recognition. Above all, you will have an important hand in building a company and supporting a culture that is innovative, encourages risk, and is passionate about challenging the status quo.
The Impact You Will Have:
This is not your typical Compensation position. We are doing things differently here than how they are normally done, and this role is no exception. The individual in this role will influence the direction and design of innovative solutions for compensation and reward programs by understanding our business, proactively anticipating needs, and utilizing their past experience and knowledge to help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first. This position is highly visible and of significant impact to the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of progressive experience in compensation; experience in benefits design and administration, and HR systems/applications is a significant plus.
- You have experience working in the Biotech / Pharma / Life Sciences industry.
- You have experience building, supporting and scaling broad-based and executive compensation programs in high growth environments, ideally in a global organization and/or across multiple geographies.
- You possess significant experience with equity plan design and administration in a public company setting including management of compliance and reporting requirements.
- You have used and are very familiar with HR systems including assessment and implementation of HRIS platforms for compensation planning.
- You are very analytical, with strong problem solving and financial modeling skills. You have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- You have had prior experience leading HR projects (e.g., system implementations, compensation, and benefit cycles, etc.) with strong organizational and project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to oversee multiple and/or complex projects simultaneously.
- You have strong knowledge of FLSA, SEC, SOX, and tax requirements as well as all other regulations that apply to cash and equity compensation.
- You have excellent consulting and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build collaborative partnerships across all levels in the organization, as well as with external partners, and to provide innovative solutions that address business needs and challenges.
- You can effectively communicate complex concepts in simple terms to various audiences.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a fast growing organization.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
- You have a sense of humor – yes, ‘HR’ people can be fun too 😊.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to make waves in the industry and change the tides?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow us on social.
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139