EQRx is uniquely positioned to revolutionize how medicines are brought to patients through innovation and strategic collaboration across global healthcare systems—it’s an opportunity to make a real impact.Michael Doherty Chief Regulatory Affairs
Director, Research and Competitive Analysis
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
The Director of Research and Competitive Analysis will be responsible for leading strategic analyses and assessments to develop strategic recommendations for disease ontologies and molecule types that EQRx should pursue as key components of its therapeutics pipeline to drive meaningful patient impact. Drawing on a background of financial and market analysis, you will quantify key financial metrics and assess the impact on enterprise valuation from entrance into key markets. You will analyze the competitive landscape for companies and molecules in existing markets and therapeutic areas, building competitive intel and identifying market entry opportunities. You will serve as the company’s center of excellence for advanced computational and financial analyses.
The Impact You Will Have
This is not your standard Director of Research and Competitive Analysis role. We are doing things differently here than how they are normally done, and this role is no exception. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price, and this role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal by finding the areas where we can have the biggest impact to patients and to the system. This position is highly visible and of significant impact to the company.
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of professional experience in the healthcare space (pharma/biotech, life sciences strategy consulting, payer/provider, etc.), including 3+ years in equity research covering the healthcare/pharma sector.
- You have a bachelor’s degree (MD, PhD, or MBA is a plus).
- Your skillset is broad, and you are advanced in financial modeling and forecasting.
- You have a variety of financial analysis and valuation tools, including DCF, SOTP, multiples, comparables, monte carlo simulations, etc. (additional computational skills and statistical tools are a plus).
- You are adept at secondary research, and enjoy navigating public filings, analyst reports, and syndicated databases.
- You work effectively and actively on multiple cross-functional teams.
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You are a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to make waves in the industry and change the tides?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139