Too many people aren’t benefiting from breakthroughs in medicine because of cost—this is why EQRx was founded. We believe in enabling access to these advances by creating new medicines more efficiently and by pricing them more equitably.Vince Miller, MD Physician-In-Chief
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
You will plan and execute the biology strategy for one or more drug programs, inform on-target mechanism of action, and explore and validate translational research hypotheses. Leveraging resources from cross functional areas, you will deliver compelling key data sets in order to select and advance development candidates (small molecules or biologics) into proof-of-concept clinical trials. This role will also complete due diligence on external assets and necessary documentation for IND and other regulatory filings. In addition, you will manage external research collaborations and alliances to drive innovation and influence for our EQRx drug discovery and development portfolio. You will manage, mentor, and professionally develop a team of dedicated scientists.
The Impact You Will Have
You will be EQRx’s drug discovery leader for target and translational biology efforts with oversight of EQRx small molecule / biologics drug discovery programs. You will be responsible for advancing a range of assets from target validation through preclinical development, and into clinical proof-of-concept studies. In short, this role will have a huge impact at EQRx. We are an early stage company, so this is a highly visible and impactful role in our organization. We are on a critical mission to bring quality, branded medicines to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
Who You Are
- You have a PhD degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or related field.
- You have extensive knowledge in oncology, immuno-oncology and/or immunology with therapeutic experience in these indications.
- You possess a demonstrated ability and track record of success in advancing small molecule and/or biologics assets from target validation through early clinical development in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- You have solid knowledge of preclinical and clinical biomarker discovery and development.
- You have IND regulatory filing experience.
- You are an experienced drug discoverer who has seen multiple drug discovery programs go to the clinic.
- You can work collaboratively with clinical project teams and senior management.
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a natural leader. Cross-disciplinary team members love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to make waves in the industry and change the tides?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139