We have a responsibility to build upon the incredible progress that has been made in understanding the biology of disease and to develop life-changing medicines that allow for sustainable, equitable access.Alexis Borisy Executive Chairman, Board of Directors
Data Management Medical Coder
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
Who We Are:
We're a new kind of biotech, one with a bold mission to bring innovative new medicines at dramatically lower costs.
What You’ll Do:
As a Data Management Medical Coder, you will partner closely with the Clinical Data Management, Clinical Operation, Pharmacovigilance, and Regulatory teams to support clinical data coding and data management activities. You’ll perform coding of medical terms and medications utilizing industry and company standards.
You will coordinate with clinical programs to ensure coding meets both study and program requirements. You’ll lead all study level coding activities including coding, coding review, and dictionary management and up-versioning. You will lead and collaborate with colleagues in the development and review of study level documentation and will be responsible for ensuring all coding tasks and activities adhere to Good Clinical Practices, providing high quality data for analysis.
The Impact You Will Have:
This is a critical role that supports EQRx’s vision of innovating and successfully bringing to market lower cost medications. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in Medical Coding, developing process and leading innovation.
You will manage the coding license validation process and provide project level standardized MedDRA Queries (SMQ).
- You have four to six years of coding experience.
- You have experience in all phases of clinical trials.
- You have Data Management experience beyond just coding.
- You have knowledge of Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems. (Veeva Vault EDC experience is a plus)
- You have demonstrated knowledge of MedDRA and WHODrug Dictionary coding best practices.
- You are innovative. You are willing to find, propose and implement new solutions.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in science or a business-related field.
- You have pharmaceutical industry experience in drug development for late-stage assets with significant experience within oncology.
- You demonstrate the ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving without formal authority.
- You can communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management.
- You have skills with proactive risk management and can propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plans.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams.
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you, and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to fight for enduring patient access?
- Problem Solving
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow us on social.
We’re Remaking Medicine in a virtual-first environment. You can also find us at our Cambridge Hub.
EQRx Hub Location
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone +1 (617) 315-2255