EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
You will build tools and processes for the ingestion and storage of data for a modern, data-driven and digital-native life sciences company, from drug and molecule development, to the clinic and patient data, to drug pricing and management, integrating across numerous data types and modalities. The Data Engineer will construct data infrastructure to support data science, analytics, and visualization uniting data across disparate sources and scales, from small ad hoc datasets to million+ patient claims and EHR datasets.
You will map across different clinical data systems and ontologies to build common reference datasets. You will design and build consistent, reproducible, and testable ETL pipelines to ingest, normalize, and store data from large healthcare datasets, from clinical trials, to claims, and EHRs. You will also support the scaling, versioning, and usage of data science and machine learning to produce insights form data.
The Impact You'll Have
This role will help build a novel model of life sciences company, where data is stored and integrated across functions, informing every process from the beginning. You will speed the development and trialing of novel medicines by bringing a digital and data native technology stack to drug development. You will connect and integrate data sources that map the complex web of interrelationships that bring drugs to patients and empower experts to explore them. You will enable experts across EQRx to see further, connecting data from biology and chemistry, to the clinic and patients, to drug pricing and delivery, powering a modern, and radically new paradigm in drug development, bringing cheaper and more accessible medicines to the market.
Who You Are
- You have5+ years of data engineering experience in industry or equivalent.
- You have experience working in health care, life sciences, and/or with scientific data.
- You are fluent in SQL and at least one scripting language. Preferably, you have experience in Spark/Scala, too.
- You intuitively think of how to organize, normalize, and store complex data, enabling both ETL and end users.
- You have a curious mind, constantly looking into novel approaches for the organization of complex life scientific data, e.g. FHIR for clinical data.
- You thrive on mapping and designing ingestion and transformation of data from multiple sources, creating a cohesive data asset.
- You are an expert in cloud data warehousing tools (eg BigQuery, Snowflake) and ELT tools (eg Stitch, Fivetran, DBT). You thrive on building modern, cloud-native data pipelines and operations, with an ELT philosophy.
- You are an excellent communicator, empathetic with end users and internal customers.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to think differently and embrace the journey?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139