We believe it’s possible to have a profound impact on bending the cost curve in healthcare by building a pipeline of innovative medicines and bringing them to market at dramatically lower prices.Robert Forrester CXO
Associate Director, Pricing & Reimbursement
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
From start to finish, you will own the financial modeling for EQ Maps. EQ Maps represent the economic breakdown for each target therapy across the health care landscape. To build this, you will work closely with the EQRx team, as well as with our strategic partners to understand the impact of our commercial strategy on the total distribution channel, and to the patient. You will bring a deep understanding of economics in the payer space. This is an area in healthcare known for being opaque, which means you will have to be clever in your approach, use all data available to draw conclusions, adapt to new information and balance both qualitative and quantitative information. You will help translate complex financials into a digestible story for the broader team to understand – including risks, opportunities, key drivers of the analysis and which assumptions are most impactful. You will be a central point of contact in developing this model, and will work closely with Finance, BD, CinOps & strategic partners to make sure we are telling the story in a way that reflects the assumptions of the team. There will also be ad hoc analysis needed to support our financial models. This analysis could be modeling potential changes in the commercial landscape or building case studies of how different scenarios have played out in the past. Anything which could evolve our thinking about price and reimbursement models are in scope. This role is critical to the success of EQRx, and you will help design and drive forward the evolution of this role.
The Impact You Will Have
As EQRx is not a typical life sciences company, this is not a typical life sciences role. You will be evaluating molecules across many different therapeutic classes and will build a deep understanding of the total channel economics from development to commercialization. You will build the foundation of this capability which will shape the approach we will use for the next 5, 10 or 25 new molecules. This role is highly visible and impactful to the organization, and we will make sure you are surrounded by great people to get the best outcomes. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. If we don’t get the financials right, we can’t disrupt the industry, and have the impact that patients desperately need.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years biopharmaceutical experience and have a deep understanding of the payer and benefit design landscape (PBM, Benefits design, payer access roles etc.).
- You have a strong understanding of biopharmaceutical R&D and commercialization process as well as knowledge of industry landscape and enjoy nerding out in talking about it.
- You love numbers – you understand the importance of financial models, but also know how to translate them into digestible, and meaningful stories.
- You are a relationship builder – you quickly and naturally create new relationships and continually make them stronger.
- You are a thinker – you are someone who wants to know how all the pieces go together, where potential weak spots may be and how we can be better.
- You have spent an entire happy hour explaining to a friend some macro you built or a new excel shortcut that changed your life.
- You are organized – you can see there are a million things to do, but understand where to focus to have the biggest impact.
- You are bold – you are not afraid to set big goals, and find a way to go get them.
- You are selfless – you are always looking to help the people around you, and looking at things from their perspective.
- You are an exceptional communicator with business and scientific acumen.
- You thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities. What does EQRx stand for?
Are you ready to build a sustainable pipeline of excellent drugs at much lower prices?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow on social.
50 Hampshire StreetTwo-hour street parking is available. There are also several parking garages in the surrounding area.
Cambridge, MA 02139