We believe it’s possible to have a profound impact on bending the cost curve in healthcare by building a pipeline of innovative medicines and bringing them to market at dramatically lower prices.Robert Forrester CXO
Associate Director, Pre-Clinical Quality
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
Who We Are:
We're a new kind of biotech, one with a bold mission to bring innovative new medicines at dramatically lower costs.
What You’ll Do:
As the Associate Director, Pre-Clinical Quality you’ll be responsible for continuing to mature EQRx’s Quality infrastructure, supporting pre-clinical operations. You will lead the qualification of laboratories and suppliers required for our pre-clinical programs. You’ll be a valued member of the Rx Creation Team, supporting and facilitating the requirements to meet GLP regulations. You will also be responsible for supporting internal audits and inspections from health authorities around the world.
You will develop, implement, and communicate GLP programs designed to enhance regulatory compliance of GLP Quality Systems. You’ll manage and direct ongoing compliance and Quality Assurance activities to ensure pre-clinical, toxicokinetic, and biomarker activities are performed in compliance with global GLP or other applicable regulatory requirements. You’ll conduct internal and external GLP quality audits to assure that preclinical and clinical trials comply with all applicable regulatory requirements, standards and EQRx policies and procedures.
You will document audit observations, evaluate impact and response to audit findings, and ensure the appropriate corrective actions are completed. You will foster effective and constructive communication and recommendations with Clinical Operations, Medical Writing, Biostatistics, Data Management, Pharmacovigilance and provide input into changes in policies and working practices within the departments that impact GLP systems and requirements. You’ll review scientific data and supporting documentation for IND filings and participate in meetings between Quality and technical departments to ensure an interdepartmental team approach in the development of compliance policies and procedures.
You will identify areas of potential process improvement related to compliance and take appropriate actions to achieve the improvements. You’ll deliver GLP training to new staff as well as training for staff taking on particular GLP roles. You will work to establish policies and procedures for compliance evaluation of GLP regulated activities and support Inspection Readiness and Preclinical and Clinical Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA). This role will also act as host for Regulatory Agency Inspections (FDA, EMEA, etc.) in areas of responsibilities.
The Impact You Will Have:
This role will have a significant impact on the success of the EQRx pipeline, as we bring medicines to patients at a fraction of the price. The successful candidate will drive, promote, and embed a culture of Quality across the organization.
Your Professional Superpowers:
- You have preclinical GLP experience. Ideally you have had a minimum of 7 years direct preclinical experience.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You can effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
- You can travel up to 30-50%.
- You have had prior management experience.
- You have excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- You are highly skilled at conflict resolution and negotiations.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you, and you take pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a fast-growing company.
- You are a relationship builder – one who comfortably communicates with people across levels and functions to drive to a common point of interest without “policing” techniques.
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are action-oriented, yet flexible, with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- You are a team player who can roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to build a sustainable pipeline of excellent drugs at much lower prices?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow us on social.
We’re Remaking Medicine in a virtual-first environment. You can also find us at our Cambridge Hub.
EQRx Hub Location
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone +1 (617) 315-2255