As a society, we’ve recognized an increasing need to rethink the value of best-in-class medicines and make a shift to consider both the science and the cost, with the goal of expanding access to high-quality medicines.Eric Hedrick, MD Chief Physician Executive
Accounts Payable Manager
EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You’ll Do
The Accounts Payable Manager will be an integral member of the company’s Finance team, responsible for managing the accounts payable function for the company. You will utilize your experience in accounts payable to maintain streamlined processes, while establishing relationships with vendors and employees. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure invoices are paid timely and accurately, while addressing vendor and employee inquiries. This role will assess current workflows and lead improvements to keep up with business needs. You will perform all Accounts Payable activities in the near term, then manage the AP department, overseeing AP specialists, as the company expands internationally. You will take a leadership role in implementing our new requisition system and similar enhancements. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
The Impact You Will Have
You will play a critical role in leading the accounts payable function at an exciting and rapidly growing company. Your role will be an essential part of the day-to-day and long-term operations of the business, ensuring that we remain poised to achieve our mission of Remaking Medicine. You will work closely with all members of the Finance function, as well as employees across the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive toward that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
Who You Are
- You have 6+ years of experience in an Accounts Payable Manager role performing high volume accounts payable, 3-way matching, coding, preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and vendor management.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or comparable business degree is preferred.
- You are energized by identifying and implementing process efficiencies. You have a track record of driving improvements.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements.
- You have a proven ability to accurately calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- You display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are detail oriented, well organized, proactive, and self-motivating. You are not afraid to pick up the phone and resolve issues timely.
- You have a solid mastery of Microsoft Excel and accounting systems.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
Are you bold enough?
Your work should matter and allow you the freedom to be 100% you. We spend too much time and effort in our career to not feel excited and proud about what we do and who we do it with. In other words, your career is too important for your next move to be just another job, so let’s work together to change the world and bring affordable medicines to all patients.
We aren’t about a bunch of empty slogans on a wall or words on a coffee cup – you can find that in lots of places. We are a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Are you ready to think differently and embrace the journey?
It’s (mutually) beneficial.
You’re curious about what sets us apart from the rest. What do you get from working at EQRx?
So, let’s start big—working at EQRx means having the opportunity to change the world.
By joining a team that’s remaking medicine development from start to finish, you’re going to enjoy the daily rush of throwing caution to the wind and doing things differently by:
- Working with the smartest game-changers in the industry
- Cutting down the red tape of “the way things are done”
- Seeing and feeling the daily impact of your work
- Growing as a professional and a person
- Committing to neverending social responsibility
And, yes—we also have a killer list of things that’ll help you shine as part of the team.
But to us, these are just table stakes.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Free snacks and drinks
*As EQRx grows, please note that some of these are subject to change.
Stay in the Loop
Follow us on social.
50 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139